Monday, March 19, 2012

Donuts for Landon!

Today Landon, E, and I decided to try our hands at making home made low fat donuts. I had found a recipe for them on Pinterest, and have been itching to use the baked donut maker my mom gave to me for Christmas! The recipe is completely Landon friendly, it has no eggs, butter, or milk. It uses mostly applesauce, but does call for a tablespoon of Canola Oil which I substituted Coconut Oil for (coconut anything is medium chain fats, and therefore perfectly safe for Landon to eat because his body can break down medium chain fats). They turned out really well, they were of course baked instead of fried in the donut maker. Next time I think I will add a bit of cinnamon in them, it would compliment the cocoa powder very well.

The donuts were a hit! Landon, E and I both really enjoyed them and I even hid his MCT Pro-cal in them successfully! The recipe can be found here: donuty goodness

This is the outside of my donut maker, love it and can't wait to use it again!



Here's the inside of the donut maker, it makes 5 donuts in about 3 minutes!



The end result of our donuts! They won't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment