Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Warmer Weather!


We live in Arizona, and I know it's still cooler in other parts of the country but it;s been in the 90's and even the upper 90's around here lately. According to the weather people, 'we're lucky' since it hasn't hit 100 degree yet in our town (I refuse to call it a city, because well it's tiny compared to home. It really is a major city though if you would look at any sort of map). We are definitely looking forward to a lot of pool time coming up, as well as a really fun BBQ with some great Mito friends in a few weeks. The shorties love to hit the nearby splash park, and I love it because well they have a great time and it wears them flat out!

Our summer plans are pretty normal in the grand scheme of things. Work, school, and playing on the weekends. We may try to take a few in state mini vacations to some of our favorite spots, but we haven't quite decided on that yet since the shorties can't make up their minds! Landon has a geneticist appointment in June so it would be fun to turn that into a fun time, since we have to travel 2 hours for the appointment anyways.

E has been coming home from school singing so many new songs, and she just loves to belt them out for anyone that will listen. I'll have to catch her on video soon. Her current favorites are 'Bah Bah Black Sheep" and "Bringing home a baby bumble bee." She's also talking up a storm, and her vocabulary is outrageous. And let me tell you, this little girl has quite her own opinion on everything from clothes, shoes (no idea where she gets that), food, and on and on. My favorite thing she's into right now, is that she asks for 'one hundred kisses mommy' when she goes to bed. It's fun to shower her in kisses as she giggles right before bed.

Landon is really into art right now. Every day he comes home from school, he hands me a stack of art work he made that day. He loves to help me pick what art pieces of his and E's are going to be displayed on the fridge this week. I'm currently looking into making a 'look what I did' board for each of them and putting it on the wall to display their art work. LP really loves to play 'hi ho cheery-o,' he would play it constantly if I let him. We play at least a few times a day, and I think it's really helped with following directions, sequencing, and logistics.

Anyways, just a bit of an update about our happenings and such. I'll finish with a few new pictures of the shorties.



Landon 'doing my art' as he calls it. He was being very patient and was very into his coloring!



E's new favorite thing to do when you take her picture, is to stick her tongue out in some manner. Every single picture I have of the last few weeks, she's sticking her tongue out at me. She's such a goober. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment