Tuesday, August 12, 2008

USA Gymnastics







For those of you that know me IRL, You know that I was a gymnast for many years. You also know that I still follow the sport religiously (as much as I have time for).

The women just won silver in the Team Competition (hope I didn't spoil it for you). I have to say I am a little disappointed. I definately think we could have won the gold if Alicia S. wouldn't have fallen off the beam, and fell flat on her butt on one of her floor tumbling passes. After the first Chinese gymnast fel and the others had major balance checks I definately thought we were in it for gold. Oh, well that is life I guess, but still disapointing.

I definately think that Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin have a great chance of going Gold and Silver in the All Around Competition on Thursday. They are our best gymnasts and Shawn is the reigning World Champion. We also still have even finals where we have a good chance of wining Gold on at least Floor, Beam, and Bars.

Don't get me wrong I am happy that we won the Silver (2 Olympics in a row), but I am definately bummed that we let the Gold slip through our fingers.






1 comment:

  1. Yea the gymnastics is keeping me up past my bedtime.

    Oh Yea, I could do all those events... if I could just get into those friggin outfits :)

    ReplyDelete