Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Car Wreck & Catching Up

Yeup thar's right we got rear-ended in my 2008 VW Jetta. We were going to Phoenix to a really good friend's baby shower, but needless to say we didn't make it :o( There was a jack knifed 18 wheeler that had traffic slowed down on th highway ahead of us. We slowed down, but the lady behind us who had been tailgaiting us for at least 10 miles and talking on her cell phone did not. She hit us going about 45 mph. She did try to swerve ( towards the other lane of traffic, not into the dirt...bright one I'm telling you), so she only got part of the back bumper and the Right quarter panel. She also happened to hit the side Landon was on. He was sound asleep, and it scared the crap out of him...literally. He pooped himself so bad it was between his toes, yuck. Thank God we are all mostly o.k. Both Scott and I have seatbelt marks and bruises to go with them, Scott's lower back hurts, and Landon has a few minor bruises where his shoulders impacted with the car seat. My car...well we are just praying they don't decide to total it...we had to cut pieces off the bunper in order to drive it. We already got a new car seat so Landon is fine there and I had the paramedics check us all out at the scene. I will see if I can get a copy of the pictures the insyrance adjuster will take of my car so you all can see it.

In other news Landon had his 2 month well check yesterday. He weighed 11 lbs 15.5 oz (almost 12 which was my guess) and is 23 inches long. He also recieved his 1st 2 vaccines, 1 oral and 1 shot. We have decided to follow Dr. Sear's alternative vaccine schedule so he will go back for 2 more shots at 3 months.

Landon and I are also headed to Dallas tday so my family can finally meet him, along with all the good friends we will be seeing too! We are really excited to go, and promise to take lots of pictures.

1 comment: