Sunday, September 21, 2008

Birth & Tailbones

Scott and I went to a Pregnancy Wellness class yesterday. It was included in the package with our Child Birth Education Classes (We have 5 total plus a hospital tour). It was pretty much stuff we already knew, but it was neat to hear about other people's experiences, etc. Wellt hey had a Physical Therapist come in and talk to us about stretches, posture, positions that are good for mo mnad baby and one's to avoid. It was very informative and interesting. I took advantage of her being there and talked to her about tailbone pain since I have started experiencing that again. I told her that I broke my tailbone when I was 12 in gymnastics, etc. She told me to get a referral from my OB to come and see her and she will massage my spine, etc and show me some things I can do to help it. After we talked to she told the class:

It is not un-common for your tailbone to fracture during delivery, especially if it has been previously fractured or injured.

The whole class stopped and went "WHAT?!?!?!" I was very surprised. Breaking my tailbone was bad enough the first time. So this is yet another item on list of reasons to talk to my OB about a C-Section on Thursday when I go and see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment