Monday, December 1, 2008

Getting to know you...Christmas Style

My friend Amanda put this on her blog, so I decided to do as she asked and post it on mine as well. Who knows you might learn something :o)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper, unless it's a mega big present then I stick it in one of the big gift bags and put a pretty bow on it.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Zach and I are both allergic to real trees. They give me asthma attacks...no fun.

3. When do you put up the tree? We don't have a set date. This year there will be no tree, b/c we move in our house the 18th!

4. When do you take the tree down? We usually wait until the Epiphany, but sometimes after New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it. Scott loves it though.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think Patrick. The big stuffed dog from FAO Schwartz. If only my mom would let me have him.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Usually my dad. Sometimes extended family though.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Scott.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not that I am aware of. I really want the Wilow Tree Nativity Scene though.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, e-mail is a little impersonal for that.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ha Ha they have access to the blog so I will plead the 5th. (not anything from Scott).

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Charlie Brown One. As long as it is not "It's a Wonderful Life" I am good. I hate that movie.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday. Although I didn't get to this year. I just did not feel up to fighting all those people 8 months pregnant.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cheese Cake. We always had Cheese Cake growing up. Ooh and Honey Baked Ham.

16. Lights on the tree? Clear Lights. Scott and I both agree that multi-colored is a bit tacky (sorry if I offend anyone).

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love anything from Manheim Steam Roller or Transiberian Orchestra. I do Love "mary did you know" although it was a little rough for me to hear last year.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We have done both. I prefer to be at home but enjoy traveling to see family. Especially now that we are 1000 miles from my family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph (I totally cheated and copy and pasted Amanda's answer).

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Growing up we always had Angels, but I cannot remember what Scott has.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We always did Christmas eve with my mom's family, Christmas morning with us, and lucky if we did it before January with my dad.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It's a Wonderful Life. I am telling you I can't stand this movie.

23. What theme or color are you using? Packed and Partially unpacked boxes...at least for this year :o)

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honey Baked Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casseole, Crescent Roles, Deviled Eggs, Wine (not this year for me), Broccoli Rice & Cheese Casserole, Pumpkin Pie, and Cheese Cake.

25.What do you want for Christmas this year? For my son to be born healthy and w/o any complications, a job, and spending time with my family. I am getting a new house, you can't get much better than that :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment