Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Dog tried to help

For those of you who don't know along with Boomer (my little white dog), Scott and I have an 87lb Black Lab named Schwepps. Well, she decided last night to try and help coerce Landon to come play. I guess she is so excited that she couldn't wait anymore :o) I was in the computer/plane room surfing, and Scott had layed down in bed to read. He finally coerced me to come to bed, so I picked up my mess (really, I promise) and started down the short "hallway" distance to our bedroom. Now, both rooms are upstairs and thehallway is open to the downstairs with the banister, so it's not very wide. Well Schwepps had planted herself across the hallway between the room I was in and our bedroom. With her being Black, and Scott having turned the lights off except for a lamp in the corner of our room, she was impossible to see. So I was walking normal with Boomer in tow behind me, and all of the sudden I am airborn. I thankfully land on my right knee and then roll to my left side and hit the linen closet door. Scott jumps up, and I start crying b/c my knee hurt so bad, that's alot of weight to land on one small area. Meanwhile Schwepps stays where she was, like nothing happened. I am fine and so is Landon, but man you should see the carpet burn, and the size of this bruise on my knee. I will definately have to take a picture for you. My rib area is a little sore, but Landon has been moving around like nothing happened, so he is fine. It's funny to think about it now, but man I was so mad at the dog at the time, and it was my fault for not paying attention. I will now be shuffling down the hallway at night, to avoid tripping over the dog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment