Friday, October 24, 2008

3 Hour Glucose Test

Is over. Thank God. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still tortuous. I have the holes in my arm to prove it. I didn't pass out though so I am proud of my self. I also got to have the Fruit Punch flavored Glucose drink...I highly reccomend this one over the orange, it tastes much better. I was a little "weak" feeling going into the place b/c I had not eaten since dinner last night, and was not allowed to eat until after the test was over. The first hour was the hardest. The sugar drink made me nauseous b/c of my empty stomach, and i was a little dizzy. The last 2 hours were easy though. It went pretty quickly, but I think that had more to do with dreading the needles so it came quicker. I didn't even feel faint or weak when we left, but I was famished. They took all 4 blood draws out of the same vein in my left arm. By the 4th one it hurt like hell, and my arm still does but it is all over. I am interested to see the size of the bruise that I will incure. My vein was almost totally collapsed by the 4th draw, but the one on my left arm rolls so they didn't want to risk it.

I treated myself to Starbucks afterwards. I felt like a total pig, but could have cared less. I had a piece of reduced fat blueberry coffee cake, chicken pesto pasta, a fruit and cheese plate, and a Pumpkin spice latte. It was good. I was still hungry but figured I should not over do it. I am still really tired from the experience. I came home and took an hour and a half nap. I could have slept longer, but then I wouldn't sleep tonight. I am just glad it is over with and I am confident that I passed the test. We won't find out until our next Doctor's appt on Nov. 4th though.

Side Note: We get to pick up our Dresser/Changing table combo this weekend! I am soo excited, hopefully the crib will be in too but seeing as I haven't recieved a phone call I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get positive results. I am waiting to see what my results are from the first test and just praying that I passed. Such a nerve wracking feeling. We have to wait until November 9th to order our crib and dresser combo, so I am getting impatient, but that is also the day of my first baby shower, so hopefully time will fly by. I hope you are doing well otherwise!